Answering Your Personal Injury Questions

How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?

It depends. If you've been injured in an accident in California due to the negligence of another person, you may be entitled to a wide variety of reparations that include both medical expenses and potential punitive damages.

These damages may include:

  • Wages lost
  • Medical expenses
  • Child care expenses incurred while you were recovering in the hospital
  • Expenses related to vehicle or home modifications in the event of paralysis or other major injuries
  • Emotional distress and suffering
  • Pain and suffering
  • Wrongful death compensation, if your loved one passed away because of injuries they sustained

Every case is unique. An experienced attorney can help you determine which damages you may be entitled to and maximize the value of your personal injury case. Joshi Law Group offers personalized service for cases in the San Diego area and can help you get compensation for injuries you may have sustained in an accident.

What If I'm Hit By An Uninsured Driver?

Generally, if you have uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage (UM or UIM), your medical expenses should be covered by your insurance provider. Some insurance providers may not be willing to offer full coverage of your expenses until a lawyer becomes involved, so seek out a personal injury attorney if the at-fault driver in the car accident doesn't have the proper insurance.

Can I Sue A Municipality For My Injuries?

Potentially, yes. A government agency is accountable for the negligent acts of its employees, as long as the employee who committed that negligence was within the scope of their government job. This includes cases where an employee chose not to do an aspect of their job, and that choice resulted in harm to an individual.

While an injured person cannot file a claim directly against an employee, they may be able to file a claim with the agency that employs the negligent person. These types of cases are difficult, so it's important to work with a lawyer who is experienced in this area. Joshi Law Group has many years of experience with these cases and can help you file a claim against a municipality.

Get Answers Today About Your Case

As experienced personal injury attorneys, we can advocate for you in both straightforward and complicated situations. Give us a call today for your free consultation at 619-822-7566 or write to us in our online form.