Your Advocate After A Motor Vehicle Accident

Most of us travel at least once a day and nobody expects to be injured on the way to their destination. Even if you've done everything right, you can still be seriously hurt in a crash due to the negligence of another party.

When that happens, you deserve an experienced personal injury attorney who understands how devastating injuries can be. Joshi Law Group has helped clients in and around San Diego seek compensation after a wide variety of incidents, including:

  • Automobile accidents
  • Truck accidents, including semitrucks and commercial vehicles
  • Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
  • Motorcycle crashes
  • Municipal vehicle accidents, such as those with police cars or fire trucks
  • Collisions related to dangerous road design or inadequate street maintenance

We also represent families who lose loved ones in fatal motor vehicle accident cases. If your loved one has passed away due to injuries they received in a car crash, you may be eligible to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit.

Five Things To Do After A Vehicular Collision In California

While our lawyers can answer many of your questions in person, we also want to help you understand where you are today in the claims process. After a vehicle crash, it's important to take the following steps:

  1. At the scene of the accident, notify the police immediately and call 911 if there are injured parties.

  2. Obtain the names, addresses and telephone numbers of all drivers and passengers present at the scene. From the drivers, also get their driver's license numbers. Finally, acquire the license plates and vehicle identification numbers for all involved vehicles.
  3. Make sure to give the above information about yourself to all other drivers involved.
  4. Immediately after the incident, notify your agent and/or your insurance company. This is also the time to seek out a qualified personal injury attorney to advocate on your behalf.
  5. If someone has been injured in the accident or the vehicle damage is over $750.00, it's necessary that you report the collision to the Department of Motor Vehicles within 10 days. If this isn't done, your driver's license is at risk for suspension.

For answers to common questions we receive related to collisions, please visit our frequently asked questions page.

Call Us For Your Free Consultation

If you've been injured in an accident due to the negligence or carelessness of another person, contact us today at 619-822-7566 or message us online.